Saturday, April 28, 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012
- It’s good for the environment!
- Your community becomes a cleaner, safer place for your family, friends, neighbours and residents of all ages.
- It’s a great way to exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- It’s a great way to give back to your community.
- It sets a good example for all generations.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
- Visit the Museum of Nature on April 22 - Admission is free!
- Go to the Eco Expo held in Ottawa this weekend: ECO EXPO info
- Less is More - Purchase items with less packaging.
- Paperless Technologies - Invest in an e-reader or tablet
- Go Chemical Free – Adopt a chemical free lifestyle
- Hybrid Light Bulbs – Use hybrid light bulbs in your home and office
- Green Energy – Advocate the use of sustainable, renewable, clean energy.
- Recycling – Make sure you are always recycling properly!
- Eco-Challenges - Convert waste materials into new things that are functional or beautiful, or both.
- Sustainable Reading - Plant a new tree for every book you read
- Earth Day Movie - Check out Disneynature’s Chimpanzee Movie at a theater near you
- Green Transportation – Walk, ride or bike - Skip the car!
- Plant a Tree or Garden – Green your environment with trees, gardens and flowers.
- Turn off the lights – Turn off all unnecessary lights
- Pick up the Garbage - Spend some a couple hours picking up litter at your local park, river or highway
Monday, April 2, 2012
April 22 is Earth Day, but why focus on only one day when we could focus on the whole month! For the top 10 actions to help the environment, visit:
Earth day Canada
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Did you know that we are participating in Earth Hour next Friday? You can show your support at home on Saturday March 31 by switching off your lights from 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm. Together, we can make a difference!
To join Team Earth Hour visit:
Thursday, February 2, 2012
By rethinking how we use energy and how much we use, we can make a big impact on climate change. If every Canadian lowered the heat a few degrees this winter, it'd be like taking 300,000 vehicles off the road!
So wear that sweater and make your Grandmother proud!
To see the video we saw in our assembly today or to book your own Granny call, visit:http://www.sweaterday.ca/